March 11, 2009

Featured Song: Street Lights


Here is a song of vibrant optomism. it envokes in me a sense of awe at the vast expanse of my future lying ahead of me. At the same time there's this brievity of fleeting oppurtunites that taunt me in every turn I make. Do I still have time to grow? Every once in a while I have to stop and ask myself this too. Here, Mr West has so poetically and with his signature, raw, keen persepective put down in song this introspective question that haunts some of us still. As you read the lyrics or listen to the song, what feelings does it evoke in you? Feel free to leave them as comments here.



Streetlights by Kanye West:
"Let me know, do i still got time to grow

Things aint always set in stone, with that being, let me know

let me

Seems like streetlights glowing happen to be just like moments passing,

in front of me

so I hopped in, the cab and I paid my fair,

See I know my, destinationbut I'm just not there

all the street lights glowing happened to be just like moments

passing, in front of me

soi hopped in, the cab and i paid my fair,

seei know my, destinationbut

im just not there in the streetsin the streets

im just not there in the streets

im just no there

life's just not fair."

No comments:

Post a Comment